As you likely know, $9,000,000 was included in the House Budget (FY16) for quality workforce initiatives: $5M for the rate reserve (1599-0042) and $4M for a quality earmark (in 3000-7050).
The Senate Budget appropriated $5,250,000 for the rate reserve and did not include any funds for a quality earmark.
Help secure funding for quality early education and care and out-of-school time in the FY16 budget! Call Conference Committee members today and encourage your networks to call in to support the Put MA Kids First’s priorities via these two specific line items.
Conference Committee members include:
- Senator Karen Spilka (Ashland) @KarenSpilka on Twitter
- Senator Sal DiDomenico (Everett) @SenDiDomenico on Twitter
- Senator Viriato deMacedo (Plymouth) @VinnyDeMacedo on Twitter
- Representative Brian Dempsey (Haverhill)
- Representative Stephen Kulik (Worthington) @RepSteveKulik on Twitter
- Representative Todd Smola (Warren)